If you need to reach our Oakmont Team:
o For residents, family members and loved ones, please call: (707) 353-5052 and leave a message. You can push # to bypass the greeting.
o For housing and care placement services, contact our Oakmont Team at: (877) 896-9249
We are sending email updates out to our residents and families a few times a week – if you are not receiving these emails and would like to be added to the list, please email email@example.com
Donations of Help
In response to the many requests and generous offers we received, we set up donation pages for the Oakmont of Villa Capri residents and Oakmont Employees who lost their home and all of their belongings due to the wildfires.
Villa Capri Residents: https://www.gofundme.com/residents-of-oakmont-villa-capri
Oakmont Employees: https://www.gofundme.com/oakmont-senior-living-employees
Retrieving Priority Personal Items
We have reached out and connected with our residents and families this week. We were able to retrieve priority and urgent personal items for many of our residents. If you have yet to submit your request or if we were unable to connect with you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces)
If you lived at an evacuated Oakmont community and have a pet that is unaccounted for, please call (585) 208-2497.
Evacuation Orders Remain in Effect
While we anticipate the road closures being temporarily lifted on Saturday, October 21st, please know Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and the Terraces will remain closed until it is fully safe and in livable conditions to return home. A security team is present on-site and all Oakmont residents, families and the general public will not be permitted access until Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and the Terraces is cleared to re-open. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
USPS Mail Update
The mail from our area is now being held at the Santa Rosa Annex post office at 2850 McBride Lane (707) 526 – 0113. Previously, all mail was being diverted to the Sebastopol Rd office while the Annex post office was closed.
Grief Counseling for our Oakmont Residents and Families
We have set up the following four complimentary options
- Belmont Village (in-person)-October 24th, 26th, 31st and November 2nd from 1-3pm.
Hosted by Vitas Hospice, Ruth Lesher-Bereavement Services Manager-Contact (925) 945-3827
Amy Smith-Chaplain, Laura Roberts-Music Therapist, Franchesca Amanfo-Chaplain
- Senior Center without Walls-Live Chat for Seniors Only
Hours of Operation 9:00-5:00 pm PST
Resident and family members can call in and talk with their peers on different subject matters. Emotional support (877) 797-7299
- Institute on Aging – Crisis Hotline for seniors located in San Francisco (800) 971-0016
Hours of Operation 7:00am -9:00pm and after hours available for any immediate needs.
- The Friendship Line – is both a crisis intervention center and a “warm” line for routine, even daily, phone calls that provide emotional support, medication reminders and well-being check-ins. A program specializing in Grief-Related Services. New York City Well-Line-any age.
24 hours a day at (800) 543-3638
Oakmont Communities Evacuated and Relocated
- Varenna, 1401 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 – Relocated to Montecito;
- Fountaingrove Lodge, 4210 Thomas Lake Harris Drive – Relocated to Montecito
- The Terraces, 4200 Thomas Lake Harris Drive – Relocated to Belmont Village; and
- Oakmont of Villa Capri, 1397 Fountaingrove Pkwy – Relocated to Montecito and Belmont Village.
Oakmont of Montecito Community Phone # (925) 692-5838
Belmont Village in Albany, Community Phone number for Terraces and Villa Capri Families can call # (510) 423-8126; Varenna and Fountaingrove Families # (510) 549-6431
Status of our Communities
- Oakmont of Villa Capri was unfortunately destroyed by the fire. We have been successful in connecting with our residents and families regarding housing and placement options. The Villa Capri community will be rebuilt; however, we estimate it could take up to 18 months.
- Varenna sustained damage to the northern end of the property and to one of the casitas. We approximate reopening in 5-8 weeks once the restore and restoration is complete, and we have the approvals to allow our residents to move back home.
- At Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces, we have started the restoration process. We anticipate reopening both communities in 3-5 weeks once everything has been complete, and we have the approvals to allow our residents to move back home.
(Please know these are estimated timelines and subject to change. We are working feverishly so that our residents can return home as quickly as possible.)
On October 14th, we sent an email out regarding renter’s insurance for Fountaingrove Lodge, The Terraces and Varenna. If you did not receive this information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It was wonderful to see so many of our residents this week and provide them with some of their personal belongings. If you have any additional questions or need to reach us directly, please call (707) 353-5052 and leave a message; or you can email us at email@example.com.
All Oakmont Senior Living residents and staff are accounted for, safe, and settling into new living arrangements after wildfires forced evacuation of our four Assisted Living and Memory Care communities in Santa Rosa. Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our residents and to reassure their families. During this process we will continue to update our website and send out emails to our residents and families every 48 hours.