All Oakmont Senior Living residents and staff are accounted for and settling into new living arrangements after wildfires forced evacuation of our four Assisted Living and Memory Care communities in Santa Rosa. Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our residents and to reassure their families. During this process we will continue to update our website and send out emails to our residents and family members as new information becomes available.
If you need to reach our Oakmont Team:
- For residents, family members and loved ones, please call: (707) 353-5052 and leave a message. You can push # to bypass the greeting;
- For housing and care placement services, contact our Oakmont Team at: (877) 896-9249
We are sending email updates and robo calls out to our residents and families a few times a week – if you are not receiving these emails and would like to be added to the list, please email email@example.com
Donations of Help
In response to the many requests and generous offers we received, we set up donation pages for the Oakmont of Villa Capri residents and Oakmont Employees who lost their home and all of their belongings due to the wildfires.
Villa Capri Residents: https://www.gofundme.com/residents-of-oakmont-villa-capri
Oakmont Employees: https://www.gofundme.com/oakmont-senior-living-employees
Retrieving Priority Personal Items
We have reached out and connected with our residents and family members at Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces. We were able to retrieve priority and urgent personal items for many of our residents. If you have yet to submit your request or if we were unable to connect with you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces)
Evacuation Orders Remain in Effect
While temporary access is available to the residential areas in Fountaingrove, please know, Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and the Terraces will remain closed until safe and in livable conditions to re-open. A security team is present onsite and all Oakmont residents, families and the general public will not be permitted access until Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and the Terraces is cleared to re-open. We are working as quickly as possible with our construction and restoration team to re-open for our residents.
The mail from our area is now being held at the Santa Rosa Annex post office at 2850 McBride Lane (707) 526 – 0113.
Grief Counseling for our Oakmont Residents and Families
We have set up the following four complimentary options
- Belmont Village (in-person)-October 31st and November 2nd from 1-3pm. Hosted by Vitas Hospice, Ruth Lesher-Bereavement Services Manager-Contact (925) 945-3827. Amy Smith-Chaplain, Laura Roberts-Music Therapist, Franchesca Amanfo-Chaplain
- Senior Center without Walls-Live Chat for Seniors Only. Hours of Operation 9:00-5:00 pm PST. Resident and family members can call in and talk with their peers on different subject matters. Emotional support (877) 797-7299
- Institute on Aging – Crisis Hotline for seniors located in San Francisco (800) 971-0016, Hours of Operation 7:00am -9:00pm and after hours available for any immediate needs.
- The Friendship Line – is both a crisis intervention center and a “warm” line for routine, even daily, phone calls that provide emotional support, medication reminders and well-being check-ins. A program specializing in Grief-Related Services. New York City Well-Line-any age. 24 hours a day at (800) 543-3638
Oakmont Communities Evacuated and Relocated
- Varenna, 1401 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Fountaingrove Lodge, 4210 Thomas Lake Harris Drive
- The Terraces, 4200 Thomas Lake Harris Drive
- Oakmont of Villa Capri, 1397 Fountaingrove Pkwy
Evacuation Sites: Oakmont of Montecito, Community Phone # (925) 692-5838. Belmont Village in Albany, Community Phone number for Terraces and Villa Capri Families # (510) 423-8126; Varenna and Fountaingrove Families # (510) 549-6431.
Status of our Communities
- Oakmont of Villa Capri was unfortunately destroyed by the fire. We have been successful in connecting with our residents and families regarding housing and placement options. The Villa Capri community will be rebuilt; however, we estimate it could take up to 18 months.
- Varenna sustained damage to the northern end of the property and to one of the casitas. We approximate reopening in 5-6 weeks once the restore and restoration is complete, and we have the approvals to allow our residents to move back home.
- At Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces, we have started the restoration process. We anticipate reopening both communities in 2-3 weeks once everything has been complete, and we have the approvals to allow our residents to move back home.
(Please know these are estimated timelines and subject to change. We are working feverishly so that our residents can return home as quickly as possible.)
Please check back periodically for updates. If you have any additional questions or need to reach us directly, please call (707) 353-5052 and leave a message; or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org